Burlington Housing Authority

Apply for Public Housing

State-aided public housing is housing that is subsidized by the state and managed by the Burlington Housing Authority. To apply for state-aided public housing, you must use the Common Housing Application for Massachusetts Public Housing (CHAMP). You can apply using CHAMP either online at our CHAMP Website or in person by completing a printed paper application. Both the online and paper applications are available in English, Chinese, Haitian Creole, Khmer, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese.

The waiting list for public housing is very long. When your name comes to the top of the list, the Burlington housing authority will contact you. Be sure to notify the housing authority or update your application information online if you change your address or if your living situation changes while you are waiting for a public housing unit.

All veterans applying for state programs and any applicant living or working in Burlington will receive a local preference. All applicants are encouraged to apply.

CHAMP-Common Housing Application for Massachusetts Public Housing

Local Program - Applications are not currently being accepted

Income Limits

All BHA units are NON-SMOKING

Additional Housing Resources